Here is a larger photo of Polish Potato Pancakes from Gwizdaly.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6 servings Potato Pancakes
- 6 medium peeled and finely grated potatoes
- 1 medium finely grated onion
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- About 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- NOTE: Check out this quick tip for keeping your potatoes from turning dark.
- Mix potatoes, onion, eggs, and salt and pepper. Add enough flour to bind the mixture together but leaving it still somewhat thin.
- In a large, heavy skillet set over medium-high heat, add enough vegetable oil to come to a depth of 1/4 inch. Heat until hot, but not smoking.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of potato mixture into skillet and spread out to a 3-inch circle, about 1/4-inch thick. Fry until brown on the bottom (don't turn until the pancake is brown or it will stick), about 3 to 5 minutes, reducing the heat to medium, if needed, to prevent burning.
- Turn the pancake and fry the other side 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Serve with granulated sugar or sour cream.