Here is a larger photo of Polish Cream of Turkey or Chicken Soup.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings Turkey/Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked turkey or chicken, cubed
- 5 1/4 ounces butter
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 1/2 ounces dry white wine
- 2 cups turkey stock or chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until translucent. Add mushrooms and saute until tender and golden.
- Add wine and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Temper heavy cream with a few ladles of hot soup. Return tempered sour cream to soup and simmer until slightly thickened. Add turkey or chicken cubes and heat through. If the soup is not thicke enough for you, add 1/2 cup water mixed with 2 tablespoons cornstarch to it, bring to a boil and let simmer a few minutes. Adjust seasonings. Serve hot.