More Gwizdaly recipes and a larger photo of Polish Pickle Soup.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: 6 servings Gwizdaly Pickle Soup
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pound peeled and quartered potatoes
- 2 large peeled and diced carrots
- 1 large peeled and diced parsnip
- 1 rib diced celery
- 6 shredded dill pickles
- 1 cup sour cream
- Chopped fresh dill
- In large saucepan, bring stock to boil. Add potatoes, carrots, parsnip and celery. Return to the boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add pickles. Temper the sour cream by adding a few ladles of hot soup and whisking constantly. Transfer the tempered sour cream to the soup and heat through. Serve hot with chopped fresh dill.