And it wouldn't be Polish chicken soup without the kluski.
View this larger image of Chicken Noodle Soup.
Makes 8 servings Chicken Noodle Soup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Chicken or turkey carcass. or 1 pound wings, necks or backs, roasted until evenly brown
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut in half
- 4 ribs celery, trimmed and cut 1/2" inch
- 1 large onion, cut into 8ths
- 1 stock sachet (see below)
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 pound kluski, cooked and drained
- In Dutch oven or stockpot, place bones and water to cover (about 1 gallon). Bring to boil, skimming off any foam that rises to the surface.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, sachet and base. Return to a boil, lower heat and simmer 1 hour, uncovered.
- Remove carrots from pot and reserve. Remove bones and sachet and discard. Pour broth through a sieve, pressing down on the celery and onions with the back of a ladle to capture all that great flavor. Discard the celery and onions. Add carrots back to the soup. If desired, pick over the bones and add any chicken meat to the soup.
- Adjust seasonings. For a lower-fat soup, refrigerate overnight and skim off accumulated surface fat.
- Serve in warmed bowls with kluski and carrot, and garnish with parsley.