Makes 6 servings of Polish Plum Butter Soup or Powidlanka
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups homemade or store-bought Polish plum butter (see below)
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sour cream or half-and-half
- In a medium saucepan, combine plum butter and water. Bring to a boil and remove heat.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in cold water. Gradually stir into soup and bring to a simmer. Season with cloves and / or cinnamon. Add sugar to taste and either sour cream or half-and-half.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with egg noodles or butter-fried croutons.