The Bottom LineStrawberry Hill's povitica is the best store-bought product of its kind, in my estimation. It more than lived up to the Strawberry Hill Povitica Co.'s description.
Povitica or potica is a Serbian / Croatian / Slovak rolled pastry. In addition to traditional walnut filling, the Strawberry Hill company has added cream cheese, strawberry cream cheese, chocolate chip cream cheese, apple cinnamon, raisin walnut and poppyseed to its line.
Suggested Retail Price: $32.98 for 1 (2 1/2-pound) loaf (includes UPS shipping)
Where to Buy: Strawberry Hill Povitica Co. or by email
Would I Buy It? Definitely
How the Manufacturer Describes It
- Strawberry Hill Povitica begins with our exclusive sweet dough recipe, rolled almost paper thin and smothered with one of our ingredients.
- Each povitica is handmade and handrolled and weighs 2 1/2 pounds.
- Shipped fresh and fast. 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
- The povitica is moist and loaded with filling and doesn't have that preservative taste of store-bought products. It can pass for grandmother's homemade nutroll unless you tell guests otherwise.
- The cakes are baked to order and arrive within one week encased in a sturdy box for gift giving via UPS.
- Instructions for cutting, serving and storing are included on the packaging.
- The povitica can be frozen.