Here is a larger photo of Blackberries Romanoff.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings Blackberries Romanoff
- 1/2 cup crème de cassis or blackberry liqueur
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar (optional if fruit is sweet)
- 2 quarts fresh blackberries, rinsed
- 3 pints French vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine liqueur, cognac and lemon juice and up to 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar if berries are not sweet.
- Reserve 8 whole blackberries for garnish. Halve the remaining blackberries and marinate the halves in the liqueur mixture for about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, soften 2 pints of the vanilla ice cream and then carefully fold in the whipped cream. Carefully fold in the marinated blackberries, leaving the liquid behind. (If desired, you can drizzle this on top of the finished dessert or drink it!)
- Place a small scoop of the remaining 1 pint of vanilla ice cream in the bottom of 8 large stemmed glasses. Fill the glasses with the blackberry-ice cream-whipped cream mixture. Garnish with one of the reserved whole berries. Sprinkle with brown sugar or confectioners' sugar, if desired. Serve immediately.