Here's a larger photo of Aunt Reggie's Garlic Salad Dressing.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: About 4 1/2 cups Garlic Dressing
- 1 quart good-quality mayonnaise like Hellmann's
- 3 large cloves of garlic, creamed with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (not cooking wine)
- To cream the garlic: Smash the garlic cloves and remove the skins and the hard end. Mince the garlic. Sprinkle salt over it. Lay the knife flat against the board and, using a scraping motion, push and pull the blade of the knife back and forth across the garlic until it is creamy.
- Place mayonnaise in a large bowl. Add creamed garlic, half-and-half and sherry. Mix well. Transfer to airtight container(s) and let the flavors develop at least 24 hours before using.