Rhubarb and carrots mingle, uncooked, in this sour-cream based salad. Polish salads typically have a creamy dressing versus one made with vinegar and oil.
Makes 4 servings of Polish Rhubarb-Carrot Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 ribs rhubarb, cleaned, peeled, if necessary, and chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons sugar or to taste
- Salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 large lettuce leaves of choice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- In medium bowl, combine rhubarb, carrots, sugar, salt and sour cream, mixing well.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on chilled plates. Portion salad atop lettuce and garnish with chopped parsley and orange zest.