With the availability of produce year-round, this salad can be served any time, and it works well with cucumbers, green peppers, and other summer vegetables. If eggs aren't your thing, substitute mild, cubed yellow cheese.
Here's a larger picture of Polish spring salad.
Makes 4 servings of Polish Spring Salad or Salatka Wiosenna
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 chopped green onions, white and green parts
- 1 cup finely chopped radishes
- 1 cup finely chopped pencil-thin asparagus stalks (no tips)
- 1 cup freshly shucked peas
- 3 chopped hard-cooked eggs or 1 cup cubed yellow cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Add the mayonnaise and mix well. Refrigerate covered until cold.
- Serve on a lettuce-lined platter. Garnish with a radish rose and green onion blossom known as a pioropusz or head-dress in Polish. Sprinkle paprika over all.