Freeze leftover egg whites and save for leftover egg white recipes.
Here is a larger photo of beef in horseradish sauce.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6 servings Slovenian Beef
- 2 pounds leftover roast beef, cubed or sliced
- 1 cup cold beef stock
- 2 tablespoons red wine or red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sharp grated cheese like kashkaval or Parmesan
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place beef in a shallow casserole dish. In a medium bowl, combine beef stock, wine and horseradish. In a separate medium bowl, fork blend sour cream, egg yolks and flour. Pour the sour cream mixture into the beef stock mixture and combine well. Adjust seasonings.
- Place casserole dish on a sheet pan to catch any drips. Pour sauce over beef. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake 30 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.