Makes 8-10 servings of Polish Raisin-Almond Stuffing
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound stale egg bread like chalka, crumbled or cut into small cubes
- 4 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- 2 cups raisins plumped in water and drained
- 2 cups blanched chopped almonds
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- An eggy bread like chalka works well in this recipe.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly. Fill poultry cavity loosely with stuffing. If there are leftovers, bake separately in a pan. DO NOT STUFF YOUR BIRD HOURS IN ADVANCE OF ROASTING. HARMFUL BACTERIA CAN ACCUMULATE.
- Once the bird has been cooked, remove all the stuffing from the cavity before storing leftovers in the refrigerator.