This is a great project for the kids or adult friends after picking apples at an orchard. They can peel and you can stretch the dough, which you've made the day before. Everyone can help roll, bake and eat!
Makes enough for 2 Apple Strudels
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 10 large Granny Smith or other apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cups sugar (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) melted butter
- Splash of lemon juice
- Mix together all ingredients. Refrigerate, if not using immediately, but let it come to room temperature before filling the strudel dough.