Here is a larger photo of Sweet Potato Pierogi.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: 36 Sweet Potato Pierogi
- Sweet Potato Filling:
- 5 pounds peeled and cubed sweet potatoes, cooked until tender and still hot
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar or more to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pierogi Dough:
- 1 recipe Georgia's Pierogi Dough
- Place ricotta cheese in the bottom of a large bowl. Rice the hot cooked sweet potatoes over the cheese. Add cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, brown sugar and salt and mix thoroughly. Let cool completely before filling pierogi.
- Prepare Georgia's Pierogi Dough recipe while filling is cooking. Using a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop, follow these steps to roll, cut, fill and cook pierogi.
- After boiling pierogi, sauté in melted butter until golden on both sides. Plate and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and a dollop of whipped cream, if desired, for a truly unique dessert.