To be truly cooked a la Polonaise, a French expression for "in the Polish style," this kalafior po polsku should be garnished with chopped hard-cooked eggs, breadcrumbs, parsley and butter.
Here I've omitted the eggs and added chopped almonds and dill.
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
- 1 large head cauliflower, washed and trimmed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Chopped parsley and dill for garnish
- Place cauliflower, right side up, in a microwaveable dish with a lid. Add 1/4 cup water. Cover and microwave on high 8 minutes. Let cauliflower sit, covered, in microwave while you prepare the garnish.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt butter and add almonds, cooking slowly to brown. Stir in breadcrumbs and cook about 1 minute or until crisp.
- Remove cooked cauliflower from cooking dish, drain quickly, and place on serving plate. Spoon buttered breadcrumbs over and spinkle with chopped parsley and dill.