Eastern Europeans love their mushrooms. This simple dish of sauteed, creamed mushrooms features them in a starring role. They make a great side dish for dinner, hold well on a buffet table, can be used as a sauce, rolled in savory palacsinta or scrambled with eggs.
Makes 4 servings of Creamed Mushrooms
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 cups (about 1 pound) assorted cleaned and sliced mushrooms (cremini, shiitake, maitake, oyster, morels, etc.)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Salt and black pepper
- Melt butter in large skillet and cook onion for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook over high heat for 3 minutes, stirring contantly.
- Stir in sour cream and dill. Season with plenty of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer 1 minute. Serve warm.