It's getting harder and harder to find Eastern European delis, bakeries and import stores selling authentic ingredients, pastries, and meats and sausages prepared the Old-World way. If you know of a top-notch shop (online store or actual physical store) with a good reputation that has been in business for several years anywhere in the world, please share the information. Include the full name, address, phone number, Web site and type of foods offered and your submission may be included in a resource list. Share Your Favorite Shop
Stroopwafels, the original Dutch
- I have bought some delicious Dutch stroopwafels at www.stroopwafelonline.com
Cheap and fast shipping.
- —Guest Dirk-Jan
Butter Maid Bakery
- www.buttermaidbakery.com - 7401 Market Street, Boardman Ohio, 44512. Phone: 330-758-5968. All their baked goods are homemade from scratch. Amazing kolachi rolls, and a ton of cookies I can't find anywhere around my town. They're in Youngstown, Ohio where I'm originally from, and I have them shipped to me from their website -- http://www.buttermaidbakery.com/index.php?p=home.
- —Guest Jon
- European Sausage at 5843 Johnson St, Hollywood, FLa., has the all-time best European sausages. They offer such a wide variety of authentic Eastern European food which is all natural with no preservatives or fillers, that you can truly taste the freshness. You walk into the shop and the aroma brings back memories from your childhood; you know Peter Caran is back! Totally worth the visit! The phone number is 954-987-5555. They don't have a website.
Rudy's Strudel and Bakery
- Serving Cleveland and surrounding communities for over 60 years, Rudy's Strudel and Bakery features fine European baking in the old world tradition. Visit Rudy’s Strudel and Bakery for wedding cakes, cookies, bread, European tortes, and morning pastries. Ranging from mouth-watering homemade pierogies to sweet tasting strudel, Rudy's has something for everyone.
5580 Ridge Road, Parma, Ohio
- —Guest Camille
Perla Homemade Delights
- The Best Pierogies and other authentic specialties from Parma! 5380 State Rd, Parma OH 44134 Phone 216-741-9222.
Voted #1 in 2010 and 2009 at the Pierogie Festival. Handmade thin dough. They also make stuffed cabbage rolls and cabbage and noodles. Homemade European pastries like dobos torte and ladylocks are also made from scratch. Hungarian and Slovenian sausage also available there. Local and family operated. Customer service is top notch.
Many other Ukrainian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, German, Hungarian, Serbian and other recipes homemade in Perla's kitchen.
If you happen to be in the Cleveland area make sure to give them a visit!
Websites: www.perlahd.com and to order pierogi online you can go to: www.perlapierogies.com
- This online store features Polish and European Food products and specialties, including Polisy baby food, sweets, soups, sauces and Polish and European groceries in general. The website address is http://www.SyrenkaUSA.com and the mailing address is 1814 Cornelia St., Ridgewood, NY. 11385
- —Guest Syrenka
European Homemade Provisions
- The store is a European/Polish deli that offers the best kielbasy, sausages, hams, cold cuts, more than 20 types of pierogi, stuffed cabbage, breads, the best homemade soups, a large sandwich menu, and more. They always have their shelves stocked with European products. They still smoke their meats in their own smokehouse and they make all of their foods there. It opened in 1955 in East Brunswick, NJ, on 301 Old Bridge Tpke. Their phone number is 732-254-7156 and their website is http://www.ehpdeli.com.
Krakow in Parma
- Krakow Foods - Ridge Rd. Parma, OH 44129 near Snow Rd (440) 292-0357 great fresh meats and frozen pierogi that taste true to traditional Polish foods for ex. potato & farmers cheese...also fresh bakery on Fri. and Sat.
- —Guest Lisa
- Russian And European online food store offers the most popular food products and provides shipping throughout USA. It has an unparalleled selection of Russian and European bread, meat, smoked fish and caviar, dairy, sweets, cheese, soft drinks, mushrooms, sunflower seeds, canned vegetables, pasta, grain, cereal. DeliToYouDirect.com is hosted and managed by "Deli To You Direct" and "Fine Gourmet Deli" Partnership Company, an international trade Marketing and brand management company located in USA and Australia. We represent the major food and beverage exporters from Russia, Ukraine and other European countries and Promote trans-atlantics trade of fine food products. Super high quality food, reasonable prices and state of the art logistic system, that's what makes DeliToYouDirect.com ahead of the competition. Visit their website at http://www.delitoyoudirect.com
- —Guest Alexander Ivanovsky
- Great Eastern European food items with very affordable prices. Euro Foodies is an online store but also does free local delivery. Long distance orders over $100 ship for free. Just a few of the countries they import from are Russia, Bulgaria, Poland, Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus, and others. Website: http://www.eurofoodies.com/
- —Guest Guest
Piast Meats and Provisions
- For authentic Polish food, Piast Meats & Provisions in Northern New Jersey is unsurpassed in their quality and dedication to producing the best polish food. They offer over 110 varieties of homemade kielbasa, hams, bacons, cold cuts, and artisan jerky produced in the Piast smokehouses. Everything is made on the spot according to the traditional way, from Polish sausages, and cold cuts to pierogi. They also offer groceries, dairy, candies and Eastern European prepared foods. They have three store locations: 800 River Dr. Garfield, NJ 07026; 1 Passaic St. Garfield, NJ 07026, and 1899 Springfield Ave. , Maplewood, NJ 07040. What's great about them is that even if you don’t live in the area, you can order online and have all the flavors of Poland shipped to your doorstep! Check out their website www.piast.us Toll-Free: (888) PIAST-US. The name “Piast” refers to the first royal dynasty of Poland and rightly so, Piast’s food is fit for a king.
European specialty stores
- I prepared a list of stores I am familiar with and posted it on my blog. Even though my post was centered around the Pork Sausage - Kielbasa - these stores sell all kinds of imported goodies.
Here is the link:
- —Guest suburbangrandma
Europa Deli Imports
- 5900 Ridge Road, Parma, Ohio 44129; Phone 440-888-2805. Great kielbasa and other sausages, lunch meats, pierogi, bakery, bacon, fish, smoked ham, and stuffed cabbage. They have a nice selection of bakery on the weekends along with paczki. Europa Deli's web page is http://www.europadeli.us
- —Guest lenny42
Eastern European Deli/Meats #3
- State Meats
5338 State Rd.
Parma, OH 44134
216.398.0183 Fax 216.398.0204
Nice Kielbasa and other sausages; lunch meats, pierogi, bakery, fish, smoked ham hocks, and some fresh meats.
Also cheeses and various home-made products. Some selection of grocery items.
Decidedly Ukrainian, very good products.
Eastern European Deli/Meats #2
- Krakow Foods
5767 Ridge Rd.
Parma, OH 44129
440.292.0357 (web site "under construction")
Nice selection of "varietal" Kielbasa; great Kielbasa Krakowa, which is a wonderful lunchmeat, amongst others; good smoked cheese.
They also have Paczki every Friday and Saturday, but get there early, because when they are gone, they're gone...also various other baked goods (changes often).
They have a nice little selection of imported Polish grocery items (anything from flour, to pickles, to Polish Jams and juices...too numerous to list here...take the time to check it out). They apparently will also do deli meat/cheese trays, if ordered ahead.
Nice little place.
It is your basic old-world Polish family-run place, which means that variety is king, and the offerings always change